Integral to our culture
Diversity & inclusion is our everyday reality. We respect and encourage uniqueness and potential regardless of your race, gender, culture, sexual orientation or disability.
Diversity in everyday life
We promote diversity & inclusion through our culture, our work in society and with innovation.
We build an inclusive culture leveraging the differences of our employees
We're inclusive in the way we act and engage with society and stakeholders
We think about the needs of diverse consumers and customers when we make and distribute our products
We recruit people who respect our values, we provide equal opportunities for all, and we protect everyone's privacy. We do not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination. Our aim is to create workplaces where everyone feels included and able to bring their whole selves to work. This commitment starts at recruitment and continues to the end of the working relationship. Each of our markets has a diversity & inclusion action plan designed to provide equal opportunities for everyone to contribute, grow and and feel valued.
Taking action worldwide
Globally, Nestlé efforts are centered in four focus areas within diversity & inclusion: gender balance, people with disabilities, LGBT+ community and race & ethnicity.
We are committed to fostering an open and inclusive working environment where people feel comfortable and confident enough to be themselves. We do this by:
- Supporting the UN’s LGBTI Standards of Conduct for Business.
- Strengthening our inclusive workplace culture through workshops and e-learning for employees.
- Reinforcing our culture of respect with the Nestlé Policy against discrimination, violence, and harassment at work, and a confidential reporting system.
- Offering equal parental support benefits to same-sex and different-sex couples.
- Partnering with LGBT+ civil society groups to advocate for civil rights and workplace protections, such as l’Autre Cercle in France, Stonewall Diversity Champions in the UK, PARKS in Italy, and Pride Connection in Mexico, Colombia and Panama.
- Gaining recognition from non-profit organizations such as Swiss LGBTI label, a certification that recognizes open and LGBTI-inclusive corporate culture.
- Empowering employee engagement groups such as Proud@Nestlé to encourage dialogue and create a safe space for conversations around LGBT+ topics.
- Working to support our transgender employees. For example, through our transgender inclusion policy in the UK and in the U.S., we offer unlimited financial support for medical costs to employees undergoing gender transition. Also in Brazil, we offer legal and administrative support to transgender employees who are in the process of recertifying their name and gender.
Race and ethnicity
Nestlé has advanced racial and ethnic inclusion for a long time. Today, more than 85% of management committee positions in the countries we operate are held by local employees who are truly representative of the communities we serve. Nestlé was one of the founding members of the World Economic Forum's Partnering for Racial Justice in Business initiative.
We work to ensure our employees are engaged, fairly remunerated and given the knowledge and skills to fulfill their potential.Lire la suite
Nestlé is promoting employment diversity as we aim to empower people, especially women and young people, through opportunities.Lire la suite
We are committed to enhancing gender balance in our workforce and empowering women across the entire value chain.Lire la suite