At Nestlé Canada, we know that supporting thriving communities starts in our own neighbourhoods. And that our Nestlé employees are passionate and eager to do more in the communities where they live and work. As the world’s largest food and beverage company, we want to be recognized as a force of good in the communities that we do business.
More than 3,700 employees strong across Canada, we have the power to enhance quality of life for everyone, today and for generations to come. Our strategic focus areas for Nestlé Cares are access to healthy food, community well-being and planetary health. Our key charitable partners (Food Banks Canada, Kids Help Phone, The Grocery Foundation, Red Cross and CEE) are the windows to help us connect with the right people and community groups to truly make a difference.
In the beginning of the pandemic, we have donated over $10M in product and monetary support to our communities, including all of our major partners. Highlights include:
- Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada supported pets and the people who love them, dedicating resources to shelters and rescues across the country. Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada has donated more than 200,000 meals to shelter and rescue pets in need to ensure animals waiting for their forever homes are well fed.
- Nestlé Professional along with Nestlé’s Confectionery and Beverages teams are supporting Torontonians by donating over $2 million dollars’ worth of food products to "Bringing TO Back to its Feet," a Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment initiative.
- Support of Food Banks Canada, our national partner, with over $190K in monetary support and over $500k in product donations. Food banks are on the frontlines doing critical work ensuring that all Canadians can access food. They are facing funding shortages and a loss of volunteers that they desperately rely on due to social distancing guidelines
- Support for the Canadian Red Cross – with over $20k donated through employee matching and corporate funds to support the organization during key moments of crisis support across Canada (in particular, British Columbia)
- Support to local community groups and shelters – valued at over $920K
Nestlé Cares Volunteer Week
Nestlé Cares is all about the power of our people to make a difference. It’s volunteers around the country serving in their communities. It’s programs that help children and youth in need and passionate employees who act as mentors. It’s donations from our beloved brands to food banks and shelters across the country. And, it’s being there for disaster relief when it’s needed the most.
In 2021, Nestlé Canada will participate in a Global program to educate and build awareness among employees on food waste and recycling and invite them to participate in several activations in honour of World Food Day on October 16.