To Press Releases listToronto, ON,Apr 14, 2010
Sumptuous sauces bring flavour and flair to culinary creations
Nestlé Professional has returned to the kitchen to explore their broad portfolio of sauces and is pleased to announce the introduction of nine redesigned sauces to the Canadian market. Each sauce has been redeveloped and refined with flavour, quality and simplicity in mind. These premium sauces will be available as of this year under the STOUFFER’S Sélection Saucier portfolio.
According to Jordana Britt, Corporate Chef, Nestlé Professional, “Sélection Saucier is a new brand in the Stouffer’s portfolio. Each recipe is crafted with premium ingredients that have been carefully selected by Nestlé chefs, food technologists and culinologists. In addition, each sauce in the STOUFFER’S Sélection Saucier portfolio has also undergone extensive taste testing to ensure they are of the highest quality or ‘Haute Qualité certified’ as we like to call them.”
STOUFFER’S is known to provide reliable, flavourful and efficient solutions that help foodservice professionals create meals that inspire, satisfy and feed the emotions of customers. From hearty artisanal lasagna to delicate soufflé and classic marinara sauce, the portfolio provides a collection of offerings that showcase the brand’s commitment to innovative, quality food. As of this year, a selection of STOUFFER’S sauces have transitioned to the Sélection Saucier line-up. Nestlé Professional has meticulously refined each product by removing all non-essential ingredients, beginning with STOUFFER’S Sélection Saucier Creamy Alfredo Sauce, a simple yet versatile industry staple.
SILKY, SUMPTUOUS ALFREDO
When it comes to decadence, there isn’t anything quite like a steamy bowl of fettuccine pasta enveloped in a rich and creamy sauce. Like traditional Alfredo sauce (as it was once made long ago by an Italian restaurateur to entice the appetite of his wife), STOUFFER’S Sélection Saucier Creamy Alfredo Sauce is a combination of delicate cream, aged parmesan cheese and butter blended into a delicate cream sauce. This versatile sauce can be combined with MINOR’S Concentrates or Bases like Roasted Garlic or Herb de Provence Flavour Concentrate to develop a variety of creative culinary options.
STOUFFER’S Sélection Saucier Creamy Alfredo Sauce is designed to be stored frozen, offering operators a convenient, flavourful solution to sauce making without the time and labour associated with from-scratch preparation. Simply heat and serve. The sauce is available in a pack size of 4 x 1.8 kg.
- Serve with ravioli, tortellini, and stuffed shells or for topping cut pasta such as fettuccine, angel hair or linguine; garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese for an authentic Italian meal.
- Create unique pizzas by topping crust with sauce and adding cheeses, vegetables and meat.
- Add crab meat and shrimp for a rich seafood Alfredo.
BACK TO BASICS
Nestlé Professional has redesigned their portfolio of premium sauces to incorporate the following changes:
- Premium products – Recipes carefully crafted with premium ingredients by Nestlé Professional chefs, technologists and culinologists.
- Premium taste – Each sauce has been taste certified through Nestlé Professional’s dedicated three step testing process before being deemed “Haute Qualité”.
- Refined recipes – Each recipe has been simplified and refined to showcase the high-quality ingredients found in each sauce. Rich, silky cream tops the ingredient list for Creamy Alfredo Sauce and basil is the main ingredient in the Basil Pesto Sauce. In addition, all unnecessary ingredients have been removed resulting in a back to basics ingredient list.
- Superior seasoning – Sea salt, with its high mineral content, offers a milder, more subtle flavour than traditional salt. Sodium, in our Basil Pesto and Green Peppercorns Sauce has also been reduced by 25%.
- Allergy awareness – Where possible, allergens like soy, wheat, fish and sulphites have been removed.
LET'S GET SAUCY!
The line-up of superb sauce offerings from STOUFFER’S Sélection Saucier include:
- Creamy Alfredo Sauce – A harmonious blend of delicate cream, meticulously selected aged parmesan and creamy butter, finely crafted to create the perfect cream sauce.
- Basil Pesto Sauce – A traditional sweet basil, aged parmesan and oil based sauce enhanced with a hint of lemon.
- Classic Demi-Glace – The perfect reduction of rich stock and attributes of sauce espagnole, simmered with full-bodied red wine, seasoned with sea salt.
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce – A balanced fusion of sweet roasted red pepper purée and fire-roasted tomatoes, combined with plump red peppers in a tomato olive oil based sauce with spicy heat.
- Marinara Sauce – A simple, yet robust combination of sweet tomatoes in olive oil, garnished with garlic, sea salt, oregano and sweet basil.
- Burgundy Wine Sauce Concentrate – A full-bodied reduction of Burgundy wine and fine shallots complimented with our premium classic demi-glace, accented with sea salt.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce – Vibrant chopped sun-dried tomatoes immersed in a flavourful blend of olive oil and aged parmesan; garnished with sweet basil.
- White Wine Cream Sauce – A delicate smooth cream based sauce with a flavourful burst of white wine and a zest of lemon.
- Green Peppercorn Sauce – Dry Chablis wine blended with velvety cream and an abundance of spicy green peppercorns. Perfected with a subtle touch of brandy and sea salt.
ABOUT NESTLÉ PROFESSIONAL
Nestlé Professional is dedicated to being an inspiring growth partner that delivers creative, branded food and beverage solutions, enabling foodservice operators to delight their guests. From innovative beverage systems under the NESCAFÉ and COFFEE-MATE brands, to on-trend culinary items from STOUFFER’S, MINOR’S, and MAGGI, Nestlé Professional meets the needs of foodservice operators while satisfying the tastes of the out-of-home consumer. Nestlé Professional is part of Nestlé S.A. in Vevey, Switzerland — the world’s leading nutrition, health and Wellness Company – with sales of $108 billion. For foodservice product news and information, visit nestleprofessional.com.